Monday, March 16, 2009

How I Fix a Broken Warp Thread


I take one of my handy dandy film cans left over from my kumihimo days, add coins to equal about 80 g., wrap a warp end around can, anchor with slip knot.


I pull one half of the broken end towards the woven part (below) and the other half towards the warp beam (above). Then I thread the film can thread through the now empty heddle and dent, and I lash it to my (can't live without) T-pin.


Then I just weave.


And the film can just hangs there.

Once I complete the weaving, I will needle weave the warp end so the two ends overlap for 2-3". I'll try to remember to take a picture of it before and after washing.

4 comments:

Peg in South Carolina said...

Hi Bonnie, I have a little surprise for you, if you will accept it. Go to my latest post to check it out. http://talkingaboutweaving.blogspot.com/2009/03/another-pause.html

Sandra Rude said...

And here's another hearty "congratulations!" for the RAGS award. Lovely work - and how nice to get the recognition for it!
-- Sandra

Iris said...

If someone doesn't have the nifty film canisters, you can use fishing weights and you can get them in all different weights. I'm goofy, so I paint mine with acrylic paint before I use them.

Anonymous said...

I use old pill containers